Sunday, April 13, 2014

Divergent Movie Review

So a few days ago, I watched the Divergent movie.  Oh my gosh, it was so freaking good!  For those of you who don't know, this movie was based on the book, also called Divergent, by Veronica Roth.  Anyways, let me tell me my thoughts that do not include spoilers.  I thought this movie was perfectly paced and that it followed the book pretty well.  It was full of action, and the chemistry between the characters was absolutely wonderful.  I also thought all the actors/actresses fit their role pretty well.  When the movie showed the Dauntless building, I was surprised that it was pretty close to how I imagined it.  Like I watched other movies that are adapted from books before, but none of the sets closely resembles to how I imagined it.  And haha, when it showed Tris fighting or sprinting, it actually makes you want to fight/sprint too.  Okay, so that wraps up the review of the Divergent movie, without spoilers.  Below, I am going to tell you my thoughts on certain parts of the movies, and they do contain spoilers.




--------------------------------------------------DISCUSSION : SPOILER ALERT-----------------------------------------------
So let's start from the beginning, shall we?  The aptitude test, well it was shorter than the book's version.  But it works, I guess since obviously not everything from the book can be in the movie.  When Tris choice Dauntless as her new faction, I was like yes!  When Dauntless started running up to the train, I felt like running too.  After Tris jumped into the net, Four appeared.  Can we just talk about Theo James (Four) for a second?  Gosh, he is so hot.  Haha, I'm sorry I had to say that.  Later, Eric and Peter appeared.  Both Peter and Eric wasn't how I imagined, but it works.  When Tris fought against opponents for the first part of the Dauntless training, I wanted to shout GO TRIS!  But I can't since I was in the movie theater so.....ya.  During the part where Tris got on the zip line, the scene was shot so beautifully.  And when Tris last minute, pulled the brake, she stopped like literally right in front of the board.  I was like that was so close!  And the end of Divergent, when Tris was fighting, gosh it was so intense.  The ending of Divergent is definitely my favorite part of the movie, but it was really sad too.  When Tris's mom died, oh my gosh I was so close to crying.  Cause her mom was saved Tris's lives and sacrificed herself.  Tris's dad also sacrificed himself too.  But you know at the end, Tris saved so many of the Abnegation's lives and became the hero. :)
---------------------------------------------------------END OF SPOILER------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, that was my review on Divergent, the movie.  Overall, I would give it a 9.5/10.  Comparing it with Catching Fire (film), I would have to say that Catching Fire is better.  The reason is because Catching Fire made me stare at the screen with my mouth open the whole time, and I barely moved throughout the movie.  Catching Fire was that good, but Divergent didn't make me feel that way.  Divergent is still an amazing film to see though, and I definitely recommend all of you guys to watch it (but first read the book).  Oh, and I thought the chemistry between Tris and Four was a lot better than Katniss's and Peeta's.  Tris and Four are perfect together.  Also, I would like to say that if I chose a faction, I would probably choose Dauntless, since it's so exciting and fun.  Although the stuff that Dauntless do are dangerous, well everyone needs to take some risks once in a while. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment