Monday, November 11, 2013

Book Review: The Truth About Forever By Sarah Dessen

This post is going to be a book review on The Truth About Forever By Sarah Dessen.  I have to say that of all the 3 books I read by Sarah Dessen (the other 2 are Lock and Key & Just Listen), this one was my favorite.  So basically it's about a 16 year old girl, called Macy, whose dad recently passed away.  Macy tries to be perfect to hide her loss.  Then, she meets the Wish Catering crew, where everything is chaotic and imperfect.  That's how she meets Wes. Throughout her times with the Wish Catering crew, Macy learns that life isn't perfect, and it doesn't need to be.  So yeah, that's the summary of this book (i don't want to spoil anything).  Now for the review.  I loved this book soooooo much.  It is compelling, sad, and humorous.  It made me smile as well.  When I finished it, I wished it was longer.  The characters were all really interesting.  My favorite character would probably be Macy though because she is relatable. Also, you learn a meaningful lesson from this book, which is to embrace your imperfections.  I highly recommend this book to anyone really, especially teens since it is such a wonderful read.  On a scale from 1 to 5, I rate this book a 5/5.  Okay, since you finished reading the book review, let me explain what Sarah Dessen books are like for those who are curious.  So basically, Sarah Dessen books are about a girl, where she struggles with something.  Then, the girl meets a boy, and well, you get the idea.  In all her books, you can also learn something from it, which I think is really great.  Btw, all her books are like that.  Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope my review helps you! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment