Saturday, May 31, 2014

EOS Vs. Baby Lips

Okay, I know I already did a post like this before which compared all 3 lip balm brands: EOS, Baby Lips, and Nivea.  If you want to read that blog post, click here.  But this post will be different, since it would be a more in depth comparison of only EOS and Baby Lips.  Many people wonder what the differences and similarities are between EOS and Baby Lips.  So that's why I decided to do a post on it.  Now, let's begin!

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Coral Crave (left) and EOS Blueberry Acai (right)

Packaging

EOS:

The packaging for EOS lip balm is so unique.  It's a lovely dome shape.  It's very easy to open and close.  However, since EOS lip balm is spherical-shaped, it might not be convenient to carry around in your purse.


Baby Lips: 

On the other hand, the packaging for Baby Lips is more ordinary.  The Baby Lips font are on the sides.  Actually for Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Collection, there is a label on a cap unlike the other Baby Lips collections.  Usually, the caps are clear, with no label on it.  The bottom dial feels loose when I twist it, but so far so good like it doesn't come off or anything.  I think the packaging for all the Baby Lips collections are still cute though.  And the packaging is more compact, so it's easier to fit in your purse. 

Winner - EOS



Scent 

EOS:

So I have 2 EOS lip balms, and they are the strawberry sorbet and blueberry acai (shown in picture).  Out of those 2, I prefer the blueberry acai one, since I think it smells better.  I also know how the other EOS lip balm smell like (sweet mint, summer fruit, honeysuckle honeydew) though because my family members have them.  And I can tell you that they smell amazing!


Baby Lips:

For Baby Lips, I have the pink punch and peach kiss from the regular collection, and I also have the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue coral crave (as shown in the picture).  The Baby Lips Dr. Rescue chapstick has kind of a medicated smell I guess?  So if you are someone who wants a chapstick that smells good, I do not think you should get that.  On the other hand, the baby lips from the regular collection smells really good.  Compared to EOS, I would say that EOS has more of a natural smell, and Baby Lips has more of an artificial smell (it still smells very good though.)

Winner: EOS 



Pigmentation 

EOS:

When you put EOS on your lips, there is no color.  For me, I use it at home usually before I go to sleep, so I can wake up with soft lips.  Or, I use it for any casual events, since there is no color.


Baby Lips:

Baby Lips do give out color, but it's not very pigmented.  Once you put it on, it just gives a sheer wash of color to the lips.  But if you put more coats on your lips, then the color would show more.  For me, I like to use it for special occasions, and sometimes, I will apply it on my lips before I go to bed as well, like what I do with EOS.

Winner: Baby Lips


Texture / Moisturization

EOS:

When you have EOS on your lips, it feels like you don't have any lip balm on which I personally like that.  It feels smooth and light, without being oily.  In terms of moisturization, EOS moisturizes very well.  Every time I put EOS on, it leaves my lips feeling super soft.


Baby Lips:

For the texture of Baby Lips regular collection, I feel like it's oily and a bit greasy.  It doesn't feel as nice on my lips as EOS.  I LOVE the texture for Baby Lips Dr. Rescue collection though.  Once you apply it, there is a cooling sensation on your lips, and the formula doesn't feel oily or greasy at all.  It feels very nice on my lips.  The moisturization for Dr. Rescue is better than the regular collection.  Compared to EOS, though, I believe EOS moisturizes better.

Winner: EOS


Anyways, that wraps up my post for EOS vs. Baby Lips!  I know it seems like I favor EOS a lot more, but actually Baby Lips Dr. Rescue is pretty close to EOS to me.  I recommend BOTH of these brands, but you should buy the one that you think you will like better! :) I truly hope that this post helped you, and thank you so much for reading! :D

QOTD: Have you tried both?  If you did, which one did you like better?  Leave your answer in the comment section below! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments :

Post a Comment